After just a few days from the previous one, a new, updated, Whatsapp version for Windows Phone devices has already been released. At a glance, this latest 184.108.40.206 version of WhatsApp for Windows Phone devices doesn’t bring any new features, but instead it further improves what was recently added.
So, what changes for Windows Phone users? Let’s see it together. Now, when you use WhatsApp through Windows Phone devices, these are the additional options that you have:
- you’ll be able to send and receive PDFs;
- you can now trim videos before you send them;
- you’ll be able to send larger videos: in fact, thanks to the latest updates, the videos will be automatically resized;
- for specific chats, you are allowed to use sharing as well as forwarding option;
- last but not least: the ability, for specific chats, to choose to save media to your phone’s photo app.
And let’s not forget that, according to some rumours, the Video Calling feature will soon be available (it seems in a couple of months), even if, it goes without saying, most likely the Android platform will be the first to receive it. That said, let’s see how to download this latest 220.127.116.11 version of WhatsApp for Windows Phone.
The good news is that you can install this latest WhatsApp version straight from the official Store. You simply have to open the store and, once it’s opened, you just need to search for WhatsApp. At this point, you will be able to install this popular instant messaging app on you Windows Phone device. When the installation is ended, remember to use your mobile phone number to log again into your WhatsApp account.
These latest updates of the Facebook-owned app follow the decision of WhatsApp founders (Jan Koum and Brian Acton) to add the now famous (and debated) end-to-end encryption, which should make users’ messages secure and safe from hackers.